FRANK PREGNANCY TALK Frank discussion of pregnancy symptoms, emotions, side-effects and oddities.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Welcome to My Blog

this is an audio post - click to play
Thanks for coming by! I guess I should start, this very first post (OMG, it's my first post! I just can't stand it. It's just too freaking exciting! Just kidding.) by telling you a little about me and what I'd like to talk about.

You may or may not know that I wrote a book, Frankly Pregnant, which came out this spring. The reason I wrote the book was because no one ever told me all I really wanted to know about pregnancy and childbirth. Not even my own sister! She didn't tell me that I may feel baby hiccups in my rectum, that my nipples were going to crack apart, or that I would be entitled to a “pregnancy card” that would be quite handy when cutting a toilet line of 100 people.

Yeah, yeah, enough of my shameless book plug... What I'm really trying to get at here is this: While writing the book I interviewed hundreds of women, in person and on my web site, about their experiences with pregnancy and childbirth and guess what? I became completely obsessed with the subject of pregnancy. I've volunteered to be labor coaches for many of my friends; I continually interview everyone I know about their latest pregnancy experiences; and now I've become hooked on watching the developments of pregnant bloggers. Thanks Cecily, Gerah, Hairy Shoe Fairy, Cat, Imperfect Mommy, Morgan, Kelli, and Arwen for indulging me!

It's a miraculous thing- this baby-birthing business. It's also very confusing, scary, disgusting and hysterical. Although I'm not pregnant at the moment, I still would love to share with you the joys, embarrassments and terrors of the experience. So, will you share your pregnancy secrets with me? Will ya? Huh, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger TL said...

Your website helped me out so much when I was pregnant in 2004/2005!! It helped me with questions I had and did not know where to go to ask. Congrats on the book and here is wishing you the best of luck!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Amiri Jah-Jah said...

Congrats on the new book! I, too, wished people had been honest w/me about 'the ugly side' of pregnancy: the loss of bladder control, sciatica, nose bleeds, sweating, etc.

Now, I'm 31 wks and willing to tell all who will listen about all the dirty little secrets your mother never told you about pregnancy. A friend at work calls me walking birth control!

Good luck w/everything

1:17 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

As soon as your bump is visable, you've got the pregnancy card.

I suggest using it as much as possible, while it's still valid.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lily of the Valley said...

I've enjoyed visiting your website. I'm currently 23 weeks and 5 days pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. Best of wishes with your book and in general.

I have a pregnancy blog, too:
http://pregnantwomenandbabies.blogspot.com
But, my blog is more of a journal of my particular experience.

Take care.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home