FRANK PREGNANCY TALK Frank discussion of pregnancy symptoms, emotions, side-effects and oddities.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Belly Shot: Deb and Me


Here’s a belly shot of my friend Deb, from Boston, and me. I was pregnant with my second daughter and about three days overdue. We were hoping that during Deb’s visit, I’d go into labor and she’d have front row seats to the delivery. She was pregnant with her first and was anxious and curious about the labor.

Deb was about four months pregnant in this photo and later gave birth to a healthy baby girl. “You didn’t tell me how much it would hurt!” she complained to me afterwards. Unfortunately, the months that followed her delivery were filled with much more pain. The doctors thought that her hips had become unaligned during delivery and that was the cause her excruciating and increasing back pain. Almost a year went by before she was diagnosed with cancer. It was a malignant tumor, pressing on her spine that had caused her so much pain.

It’s crazy the amount of family and friends that I’ve had that have been through cancer. The good news is; this story does have a happy ending.

Deb went through a year and a half of chemo, loosing the hair, being wretchedly sick and thin and then was declared in remission. She was fortunate enough to become pregnant again and just had her second baby girl. Isn’t she adorable?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Remission and 2 beautiful babies? I bet she believes in miracles, huh?

7:57 AM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

What adorable pregnant bellies!

Mary, mom to many

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just awesome... And how did you get away with having arms that look like matchsticks?

For real. Mine were like LOGS. BIG ASS LOGS.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

My arms are the only things that are naturally skinny. When I'm not pregnant I have to work out with weights so they don't look like anorexic appendages.

10:37 AM  
Blogger TL said...

Amazing story!!

How did you manage to smile in that photo you looked like that baby was ready to come any minute!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home