FRANK PREGNANCY TALK Frank discussion of pregnancy symptoms, emotions, side-effects and oddities.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lucia has passed


My dearest friend, Lucia, has finally passed this week. It's a blessing that she's no longer suffering but we all miss her so. Here's what she requested for her prayer card...

In Loving Memory of
Lucia Terzi Bagan
August 15, 2006


Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God made for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day, to laugh
to love, to work or play.
Tasks undone must stay that way.
I found peace at the dawn of the day.
If my parting has left a void, then fill it
with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
ah, yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life has been full, I've savored much:
Good friends, good times,
a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all to brief.
Don't lengthen it with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and share with me,
God wants me now. He has set me free!

14 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

My heartfelt sympathies to her husband and little girls and to her extended family.

And to you, who I'm sure is heartbroken to see a dear friend pass, even though it means her pain is finally gone.

4:44 PM  
Blogger becky said...

Much love to her family and friends she's left behind. Thinking of you, Stacy!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you lost your best friend! I've been reading your blog for a little while now and was guessing it would be happening soon. What a beautiful poem for her prayer card.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sympathies to her family, and to you for losing a dear friend.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Lucia's family will be in my thoughts, and you will be too. I love that you have that photo to remember her by - your descriptions of her have always made her sound like such an amazing, wonderful, spirited person.

4:38 PM  
Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

I'm so sorry about Lucia. About her struggles and that the end of her beautiful life was so painful.
My deepest condolences.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Stacy,
My heart goes out to Lucia's family and to you.
Your life has been blessed simply to have had such a wonderful friend.
I offer you our condolences and I wish you peace.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Demeter said...

I am sorry for your grief. Lucia seemed to have been full of life. My deepest sympathies for her family.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

My sympathies. It's never easy to lose a friend.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for Dan. We once went to HS together and then moved down at different times to NYC/Woodside. My husband passed away 1 and a half years ago. We have four children. My numbness is still here with small quick glimpes of our lost. Our lives will never be ordinary again but our children will bring us our joy and love. I'm very sorry for your pain!! Jodie Christian

11:48 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm so sorry. Many thoughts and prayers being sent to all her loved ones.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucia was a beautiful, full of life person. She had gusto and boy could she cook. She was an example on how to live.
Peace and love to her husband, two children, family and friends.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

So sorry for your loss, Stacy

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home